Saturday, December 05, 2009

Facebook

I spent the better part of yesterday into this morning (it's now 1:40AM) diving into the bass fishing world on Facebook. I've been on Facebook for a couple of months now and pretty much restricted myself to keeping in touch with friends and family. But today for whatever reason I jumped on the bandwagon of friending certain select fellow bass fisherpeople, some of whom I know and some not. I also ended up joining a bunch of Groups and Pages as well. As I stumbled along I did some blog promotion and as a result my blog traffic yesterday was the highest it's been in more than a month, but that isn't saying much.

I think if I had the day over again, I would have started a separate Bass Pundit Facebook account because I don't think much of my blogging is of much interest to friends and family and what I "Share" with friends and family probably isn't too interesting to the fishing people. I may end up starting a separate Bass Pundit FB account anyway or I could do what BassFishingDem and Rich Lindgren have done which is to do a "Page" dedicated to the blog.

Something to think about.

1 comment:

Wolfy said...

I've been thinking the same. My FB page is strictly a "Friends and Family" page, but I think I'm going to do a second page just for Fishing

Wolfy