Monday, January 28, 2008

U2 3D

My older brother Jeff took me to see the U2 3D concert movie at the IMAX for my birthday. WOW!!! Amazing!!! Increadbile!!! Awesome!!! A must see for all U2 fans no matter how casual.

The promotional material claimed the experience was "better than a front row seat" and I would have to agree with that assesment. The 3D really puts you right there in a way a flat screen never could. It would be revolutionary to see a sporting event in this new high res 3D 3ality digital technology. I would love to watch a football or hockey game where you are so close, it's like the action is right in front of you and larger than life. I am sure watching on the big IMAX screen enhanced the experience quite a bit over what you would get in a regular theater. It really was amazing.

Also as a birthday gift Jeff gave me U2 the Joshua Tree (Remastered / Expanded) (Super Deluxe Edition) (2CD/DVD). The first CD is the Joshua Tree remastered, the second is the Joshua Tree B-sides plus Silver and Gold (Sun City) and 4 songs and a poetry reading that I've never heard before. The DVD is the Joshua Tree Tour Paris Concert, Outside it's America-Documentary and two music video's. Plus you get a small book/memior and some U2 prints. Thanks Jeff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I plan to see it this weekend. I'm a big U2 fan.