Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Trophy Is In the Water for 2018

We dumped the Trophy into Sullivan Lake around 7:30PM tonight. I wanted to fish the Sullivan Platte River Outlet (SPRO) area so I put in at the NE Sullivan Access.  Everything worked, but the jury is out on pretty much everything about the trolling motor (battery, pull cord, and the trolling motor itself); It worked fine for tonight, but it was dead calm.
15.25" Teckel Sprinker Frog
I caught my first fish on the real Teckel Sprinker Frog Tonight. My frogging skills are a bit rusty as I caught 3 fish out of about 15 blow ups or follows between the Sprinker, Zoom Horny Toad, and Mad Maxx.
Sunset over the Platte River Outlet
Last years rice beds in the SPRO are thicker than I would prefer, basically, treble hook topwaters and buzzbaits are out in this part of the lake. I will be back and better prepared next time.

But that won't be tomorrow most likely.  East wind

No comments: