Friday, May 18, 2018

Steve Got His First Ever MN State Fish Tonight

18" on an Ultimate Jerk Shad (Crackle)
4.78lbs Jerk Shad (Crackle)
Goal Achieved on 5-18-18
 The wind was supposed to blow out of the SE this evening instead it diminished and was out of the South, bummer.  But with the way the weather was, I thought the eyes would really be snapping anyway.  I don't think 4 eyes between the two of us counts as snapping, but I'll take it.  Steve might have had a couple of hits in a Rippin' Rap as well.  We would have undoubtedly caught more, but that stupid 10PM night ban cut us off as they started to bite and Steve figured out what they wanted.  No bugs at all.  Such a pity we couldn't fish until 11 or midnight.  Too bad, I didn't suggest stopping at the Grumpy Old Man Hole before I took him home as there was practically nobody there when I went to check it on my way home.  I didn't fish it either, doh.

Good job, Steve!   

No comments: