Thursday, November 09, 2017

Next 3 Weeks Pivotal for the Vikings

My Vikes come off the bye and enter the second half of the season with a two game lead over both the Packers and the Lions.  I've pretty much written off Green Bay at this point.  I recon they are playing the Bears this week for which team finishes last in the division and I don't like the Packers prospects.  The Lions are the team I'm worried about as their second half schedule looks to be a cake walk compared to what the Vikings are up against. 

I really like where the Vikes are sitting, both on O and D at this point.  I think they are a tough match up for anybody especially if they don't shoot themselves in the foot.  Sure Case Keenum doesn't scare anyone, but he is crafty veteran with some elusiveness to his game.  He has also shown me that he is pretty good at moving the sticks and I like his decision making.  The O-Line play as been pretty good and our play makers have been making plays;  Barring injury I expect that will continue.

The Defense is where my real confidence is at.  They are a mine field through which all our opponents must carefully navigate. They seemed to be improving each week.  I believe their best football is still ahead of them.

I am really looking forward to the next 3 games as they will tell the tale if the Vikes are contenders or pretenders.  If our record has 3 more wins than the division crown is probably ours. Same thing if we have 2 wins and one of them is vs. the Lions.  If we win the first 2, but lose to Lions we are still OK for the playoffs, but winning the division is probably out of the cards.  If we lose 2 games, but beat the Lions I don't know what to make of that scenario.  It will be nail biting time, probably to the end of the season.  If we lose to Lions and another game I will be pretty disappointed and more so if we lose all three.  I am guardedly optimistic that one of my first three scenarios plays out.🤞

Play Well Vikings, SKOL!  

         

No comments: