Sunday, April 28, 2013

Will I Catch A Fish By May 1st?

So I went out to the GOMH again tonight.  The Platte side was only slightly more open than yesterday.  The Sullivan side is progressing.  I saw the Loons again and there were a lot more ducks or possibly more loons swimming towards the far end of the open water in Sullivan.  No much current moving through yet.  It looks like we get 2 more warm days, before we go back to the 40's for the rest of the week.  I would put the chances of me getting a fish before May 1st at under 10%.  I am guessing that the area lakes won't open up until at least May 6th.  I would say the chances that Mille Lacs will be ice free by Fishing Opener on the 11th      are slim to none at this point.  Maybe some of the bays will be free of ice, but I can't imagine the big lake will be.  I just can't wrap my head around the fact that Opener is less than 2 weeks away.

I spent quite a bit of time in my tackle warehouse today switching things around and getting baits back in their proper place.  I didn't get that done last Fall due to my back problems.  I will probably do more of that tomorrow.

No comments: