Monday, April 29, 2013

Not A Bullhead, I Snagged A Carp!!!

I've never seen a carp caught at the Grumpy Old Man Hole before so this was totally unexpected.   I didn't know what it was for a long time and was hoping it was gonna be a dogfish.  The carp was snagged in it's dorsal fin and it had to be at least 10lbs.  I probably fought it for 15 minutes.  As I was pulling it into the rocks the hook gave way.  I wasn't about to try and grab it for a  picture and before I could get the camera out it was gone.  Even though it was snagged I'm still gonna call it my first fish of the year.

I did have one bite that I missed.

There was a small flock of  Swans
Click to Enlarge
 And this bird, that I think was some kind of Hawk, had been up in this tree since I left this afternoon.

2 comments:

Team MiRketti said...

It's good to be fishing again. Snagged carp put up one heck of a fight.

Basspastor said...

Yeah I had him on for 10 minutes before I even got a look at him.