Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Reel Deals



I like Team Daiwa X & S 103 or 100 fishing reels, the S is a less expensive version of the X. I like how they feel in my hand and I like the way they cast. Two years ago the Team Daiwa S reels went out of production and Team Daiwa X reels, which were the Daiwa flagship reel for a long time, went out of production this year. Since they are now both out of production I figure now is the best chance I will have to be able to get my hands on them. For the past 2 months I have bought up a number of new and used S and X reels on Ebay because I have found the bidding being done on reels at this time to be quite light, thus I have gotten good deals. It seems like the reels have been selling anywhere from $20 to $50 off of what they were going for last Spring. I think because it has been mid to late fall has a lot to do with the lack of interest in buying the reels right now; yet because it is the end of the season there has been a fairly high number of reels being put up for auction. I don't know how much longer the buyers market will last but I am at the saturation point with reels and now I am only making bargin basement offers. Because the reels are out of production I don't think I could ever have to many in reserve.

In addition to the X's and S's, I snapped up a great deal on an almost new Team Daiwa Sol

The rod I'm going to put the Sol on is a 5'6" Loomis G3 that needs several guides replaced and because of that I haven't used the rod in several years. I figure the combo will make a perfect match for small jerkbaits. Then later in the year I may swap out rods to use the Sol for Frenzy Poppers.

Note of Interest: I have won 3 TDX reels on Ebay from BASS Elite Series Angler James Niggemeyer. One reel was new and the other two have cosmetic defects but they don't appear to be reels that saw heavy use and are smooth and perfect mechanically. Apparently he is going to be selling a few more reels.

No comments: