Friday, August 22, 2008

North Long Bass Snatchers Preview

Tomorrow is my 4th Bass Club tournament of the year and it is being held on North Long Lake just North of Brainerd. Once again this season I have never fished the lake before tournament day. Unfortunatly I did not get out with my partner on Tuesday morning when he went pre-fishing. My partner for this tournament is Chuck Steinbauer. Chuck is probably one of the most experienced and best bass fisherman in all of Minnesota. I think he has been to the BASS Federation National representing MN 3 different times. No doubt Chuck knows North Long well.

The fishing is probably going to be a lot of deep weedline stuff and a pretty good cold front is moving through. I have 6 rods rigged but don't expect to use the topwater or Froggin rod. I've got 2 rods for JigNpigs and 2 spinning rods for plastics. Fishing might be kind of tough, but I don't really know what to expect. Hopefully I will bring in a limit.

No comments: