Friday, August 15, 2008

Fantasy Bass Fishing Last Hurrah

This weeks Forrest Wood Cup brings the 2008 Fantasy Bass Fishing year to a close. As per usual I am really into it in the Winter and Spring and then my interest falls off in the summer. Once again this year I forgot about the BASS Elite Series Super 6 Pick'em on a number of occasions and I also forgot to put in rosters for the new in 2008 Evinrude Fantasy Fishing Game that had prizes far surpassing what BASS/ESPN were doing.

In the BASS/ESPN Game I had a pretty good year, qualifying for a prize once, but I didn't find out about it until it was too late to get it. In the FutureBass.com league I ended up finishing 8th out of 70 which is a bit disappointing because I was at or near 1st at the half way point. Bass Pundit 1 didn't fair so well and finished 39th in the league.

The FLW Fantasy Fishing Challenge didn't go nearly so well. I will salvage something if Jay Yelas manages to win the the FLW Cup, but the season as a whole hasn't gone that well. I really do not care for the changes they made in the scoring in the FLW game not that it made that much of a difference, but I think my Dad probably would have been in the prizes once under the old system and overall our teams would have faired better. I will be shocked if they have the same kind of prize structure next year.

Anyway GO JAY!

No comments: