Friday, July 04, 2008

Patti Scare

On Thursday July 3rd Dad and myself went down to the cities to visit with Todd, Kristen, Isabelle, and Mallory, to pick up some Model A tires, and to go to my Fishers of Men Club meeting. We were on our way back just North of Princeton when Dad's cell phone rang. We didn't get it out of his pocket in time to pick up the call, but the missed call feature let us know it was Mom. I called Mom back and she informed me that our black lab/mix Patti Lou had gotten out of the house when she left the door open and that Patti wasn't coming when called.

I do go out with Patti without a leash during the day but I keep a close eye on her. She has wandered into the woods a couple of times on me usually to chase something, but I have been able to call her back fairly quickly when this has happened. Mom was definitely upset and it was a long half an hour before we got home. When we got home Mom was in the driveway still calling for Patti. Dad and I had groceries to put inside and then I was going to go out and call for Patti too. When I got in the house I was greeted by our little dog Lilah, who was happy to see me. I was saying hello to Lilah when Patti came walking out of my bed room to welcome me home. Apparently Patti was laying on the other side of my bed and did not respond when mom called her, so Mom thought Patti had escaped somehow.

I was quite happy to see that Patti had not gone anywhere and went out and yelled to Mom who was up by the road. Mom was releaved but also a little bit torked that she had wasted at least an hour of the night being so upset and worried looking for a dog who had been in the house the whole time. The Patti scare came to a happy conclusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for mom to retell this story to us and blame the dog...