Friday, July 18, 2008

Bass Snatcher Pokegama Tournament Preview

Tommorrow is my 3rd tournament with the Baxter Bass Snatchers and it is at Pokegama Lake near Grand Rapids. Just like every other tournament on the schedule I have never fished this lake before. I did not get up there to pre-fish so I am going in totally blind. My partner Bill is one of the best sticks in the club and has fished quite a few tournaments on the lake with mixed success. Bill told me that we are going to be fishing the river for big largemouth and that I shouldn't expect to get a lot of bites but that the fish I do catch should be big. If the river isn't producing than we are going to have to scramble.

Since I have never been there before I don't know if there is rice in the river. If I get anywhere near rice I will fish that with a frog. I also think a swim jig and jigNpig are goint to be top offerings. Just in case the river doesn't work out, I'm bringing a couple of rods for smallmouth.

My goals for this tournament are to catch a limit, finish in the top 50%, and catch a fish over 4lbs.

1 comment:

HellaBass said...

I was up there on Sunday and caught several nice fish up the river on a Swim Jig!! How did you do?