Friday, June 06, 2008

1st Tournament Tommorrow

My first Baxter Bass Snatchers tournament is tomorrow on Farm Island Lake. I don't think I've even seen the lake so I will be relying on whatever my partner can put me onto. My partner has been in the club for 26 freakin years. I was 12 then. He has fished a number of tournaments on the lake and usually finishes somewhere in the middle of the pack. He thought he was going to get out on the lake this week, but with the weather being the way it has maybe he opted out. I think he probably fishes the club more for the fun of it than to qualify for the Bassmasters Classic. I guess I am in the same boat so to speak. If I can catch a limit and finish in the top half of the standings than I'll be satisfied. A bigger bass to cull out that 17.25" in the Derby wouldn't hurt.

My partner clued me in that we would be fishin shallow and looking for a reaction bite, which serves my topwater and swim jig mania's just swell. If we have to go deep I could be in trouble as that I didn't pack for that.

2 comments:

Michael Thompson said...

Good luck BP! have fun, get some toads, and take a few pics too!!

HellaBass said...

How did it go?