Tuesday, December 25, 2007

White Christmas

Merry Christmas!!!

Christmas Eve: I went over to M&D's friends Marylin and Lem and had turkey dinner with their family and friends. Marylin has worked with Land O Lakes at FLW events and will be doing it again this year after being away from it for a couple of years. Marylin has given me a bunch of FLW tour DVD's. They open presents on Christmas eve and I even got a couple; it was a surprise to me. Went to 10PM candle light service with M & D. Stayed up late and watched a Christmas Story with Mom.

Christmas Day:
Minnesocold had it's snowiest Christmas since the 1950's. 4"-6" in the Cities It was beautiful and thankfully didn't have any problems with the long drive into the cities and back.

The day started out early cause I woke up at 6:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. No I was not overly excited about presents. I got up at 8 and took the dogs out. Mom was busy preparing Turkey legs and stuffing. Before heading South M, D, and I opened presents up North: I got this cool Wheel of Fortune TV videogame (Could not solve the 1st and only puzzle I tried; I would have won a brand new Cybercar had I solved it) I got a long sleeved Timberwolves shirt and some sweet fleece PJ bottoms. No Christmas Stocking this year. BOO!

We hit the road a little after 11am

It was a fun day spent with family down in Bloomington (Older bro Jeff, M & D, Youngest bro Todd, his wife Kristen and the two nieces Isabelle Grace (3) Mallory Joy (1). ) When we first arrived the girls were still at nap time so Todd and I played Wii. Todd made a Mii (a Mii is a we character) of me that was a pretty good likeness. We started out with bowling and once I had a couple of practice frames done. Todd and I played a few games with Todd beating me every time. Wii then moved on to Baseball and I proceeded to beat Todd each game. In one of the games I won by the "Mercy Rule" when I got up 5-0 after a Melinda Doolittle Mii Grand Slam. Todd went to wake up the girls and I tried some Wii golf which was very hard because it seemed like there was no way to hit the ball soft.

Once the girls were up it was play time. Belle excitedly showed the 2 Uncles her new Christmas Toys (A little fort with slide, some wooden food, and a bunch of noise making musical instruments). Mallory and Flash joined in the fun occasionally. We played until Dinner which was a traditional turkey feast with Vegi Queesh for UJ. After dinner we played for about an hour until it was present time. While we were playing a Buck and two Doe's came up in the yard and were right outside the window (Pretty Cool).

Mallory got a noice making thing from GM that she just loved. Belle got a bunch of toys and books and blocks; She didn't know what to do with the $50 dollar bill I gave her except give it to her Dad. I got a $40 Gander Gift Card and $20 bucks. M&D got one of those digital picture frames with 4GB of memory, now that's gonna be a lot of pictures. I really don't remember what anybody else got cause I was so busy watching the girls have fun.

After the frivolity we ate Christmas cookies then said goodbye's around 6PM. Jeff was going to stay later. Our trip back was slow at first, but once we got north of Elk River there was much less snow and things speeded up.

It was really nice Christmas!!!

No comments: