Thursday, January 18, 2024

My Thought on the Bass Snatcher 2024 Schedule (Tentative)


I was not feeling well so I didn't make it to the January meeting. Three of the lakes I mentioned in my wishlist are tentatively scheduled this year; They are Little Boy, Gull River, and Gull Lake. I left Pelican off my wishlist because it doesn't impress me as a bass fishery. Between it and Edward, I prefer Edward. Mission Lakes, I prefer we don't fish because I've been there so many times; I'll be trying to get it changed to Bordon Lake at the February meeting. The Snatchers have never fished Bordon Lake outside of Garrison MN since I joined the club.  

So what about Big Birch? We fished it my first year in the club, 2008, and haven't been back since. It didn't really impress me back then; I came in 2nd to last with a really small limit. I read my pre-fishing recap blog and tournament recap blog to refresh my memory.  I'm cool with this choice. It has probably improved as a smallmouth fishery and I had basically forgotten about the largemouth habitat. If we do keep this lake I hope I can convince the guys to make it a 7 AM Start, something I think we should also do if we fish at Little Boy as well. Both lakes really are not that far from Baxter. I leave my place to fish at 4:30 AM or earlier frequntly in June.   

No comments: