Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Plan & Rods, Snatcher North Long

 

North Long Plan: We both got out and did a little pre-fishing. My trip with Chuck and Lois revealed bass in main lake cabbage in about half of our stops. Conditions are going to be quite different from the day I fished with clouds, wind, and thunderstorms. The fish may be on fire or shut down due to the thunder. I guess I'll find out. North Long hasn't treated me well the last couple of Snatcher Tournaments. I am looking for a little redemption and to beat Tuma. Hopefully, Snatcher Alan of Clan Steinbauer will lead me to a good day of snatchin' 'em. He got Snatcher Checkbook, a limit last tournament here, something I was unable to accomplish due to sucking on how to hook my bites.

Rods I'm Bringing: (Yes, 10 rods, I'm in a Phoenix. I kicked myself for not bringing more the last time I was in Al's boat)
7'4" H Tatula (Frog/Slop)
7'4" H Tatula (Turbo FattyZ, could go to jigs on this setup)
7'4" H Tatula (Chatters, Wake, Traps)
7'3" MH LTB (Carolina Rig) 
7' H Avid (Texas Rig)
7' H Mojo (Texas Rig)
6'6" MH Avid (Texas Rig Pike Insurance)
6'10" MH Tatula (Jig, Sleepers, Jerkbait, Ned) Dock Rod
6'8" M Avid (jig worm, jerkbait,Ned)

Spin:
6'6" MH Veritas (Neko)

Think: Jerkbait, dead sticking, prop bait, texas rig worm.
These were my thoughts this winter on what to try

No comments: