Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Trophy Story:Took A Very Short Trip Today


 I slept in today. That resulted in me getting a late start on prepping the boat for the maiden voyage of 2023. Mom met the ram that was born at 2 am while I got the boat prepped. I drove her back home and grabbed the rest of the stuff I didn't bring on the first trip. I left the house the second time after 5 pm. Radar made it look like I had until about 6:15 to have the boat out of the water so I didn't get drenched. I made the executive decision to skip fishing and just take it for a quick spin on Rock Lake. When I arrived at the Rock Access, there was a pontoon getting ready to be taken out and a Sheriff's Deputy investigating what may be an abandoned runabout. I talked to the Deputy for a minute as I got launch ready, and by the time I was done with that, the pontoon was out of the water. I back down. The motor started right up. I dumped her in and idled for a couple of minutes, then got her up to speed, headed back to the ramp, and pulled it out. 

If I had a do-over, I would have taken the Trophy out fishing on Rock on Monday night; The weather was nice, and the fishing at the Grumpy Old Man Hole was slow. I wanted to take the Trophy out but stayed with the security blanket, which could have been more comforting, with the slow fishing telling me I made a poor choice the whole evening. About forty minutes into fishing, I almost bagged it and went for the boat. I should have gone with my gut. Water under the bridge, which resulted in me getting skunked today because I didn't catch a fish in the half hour I fished at the Grumpy Old Man Hole today.

Really, skunked at the GOMH in May with a front moving in, ridiculous!

No comments: