Friday, July 15, 2022

Snatcher Gull River Preview: My Plan and Rods I'm Bringing


The Plan: It is tournament week, and this Saturday, we will be fishing the Gull/Crow Wing River. This will be the second time the Snatchers have fished it since I joined the club. The previous tournament was in mid-August of 2019. Unfortunately, I was unable to pre-fish. On the good side, I drew Snatcher Ludenia, who knows just about every fishery we go to well. He has a track record of bringing in limits here but on the small side. I am on the hunt for giants and bringing the heavy artillery. I am guessing Bill will be pitching a jig. If I can get hits on a frog/toad,, I will do a lot of that.

Update: So I talked to my boater, and it sounds like we will be fishing for smallmouth most of the time.  Made some adjustments. Unfortunately, a shipment of baits from Tackle Warehouse that was supposed to arrive on Thursday got delayed and didn't make it. Bummer!

Rods I am bringing:
7'4" H Zillion (Jig)
7'4'' H Tatula (Frog)
7'4" H Tatula (Swim Jig)
7'4" H Tatula G2 (Toad, Buzzbait)
7'4" H Tatula Glass G2 (Chatter, Topwater, Lipless)
7' H Avid (Craw Tube, BFE)
6'10" MH Tatula G2 (Swim/Skip Jig)
6'8" Avid M (Spinnerbait, Topwater)

No comments: