Friday, June 25, 2021

Snatchers at North Long, My Plan and Rods


 This will be only the 3rd actual Baxter Bass Snatcher Tournament I have fished on North Long Lake. The first was in July my rookie year of 2008; I fished for the first time with Chuck Steinbauer in that tournament. I missed the North Long Tournament in 2012 due to back issues. In 2017 every move Checkbook and I made didn't work and I came in with one fish.  I have fished a couple of "Mini-Bucks", but those are in late Fall. I drew Snatcher Nate who has a good track record on the lake.  We are bound to run into something. We drew the last boat out. 

My Goals:
Get a limit of at least 12lbs
Finish in the top 12/Top Half of the field. (If history is an indication 12lbs is a pretty good bet) 
Win that Co-Angler and Lunker Cash

Rods I'm Bringing:
7'4" H Tatula (Swimbait, Swim Jig, Frog)
7'4" H Zillion (Jig)
7'H Avid (Craw Tube)
7'2" MH Tatula (Chatterbaits, Topwater)
6'8"M Avid (Topwater)
6'6"MH GLX783 (Jig)

Spinning Gear:
6'6" MH Abu Veritas (Neko)
6'6" IMX 782 (Ned Rig)

No comments: