Saturday, December 12, 2020

Pull Into the Rice And Chill

 This from yesterday's Bass Blaster email:

> ...Wayne Antoine. What he would do was ease his boat into the mats and then wait 5 or 10 minutes to let the area settle down. Then he would stick his rod tip and bait down into the mat and release the thumb bar on his reel to lower his bait. Then he'd shake the rod and you would get some of the hardest thumps you had ever felt.

> Wayne was the one who showed it to me, but he would never take credit for it. He had seen Delta legend Bobby Barrack doing this....

I immediately thought about last summer when I had a school located in the rice. I pitched into the rice from the edge and caught several fish doing that. I'll have to give the tactic a try and see how well it works if that happens again.

No comments: