Friday, August 11, 2017

Snatchers Gull Lake Preview

For the 3rd tournament in a row I have been paired with a boater I had never fished with before.  This time it's with Michael "Mick" Ziebell.  Mick has been in the club for 31 years now.  He has fished a lot of tournaments on Gull over the years, but has never done particularly well on the lake.  I would say he is overdue for a good finish on the lake.  I didn't get out to pre-fish, but Mick got out a few times and caught some fish.  It looks like light winds for the day and partly cloudy sky's.  Lord, please let them bite on topwater.

Here's the Rods I'm bringing with:

7'4" Tatula Frog Rod
7'2" Tatula MH Topwater & Wakebait
7'2" Tatula Jig n Craw
7' Avid Heavy Craw Tubes
6'8" Legend Xtreme Chigger Craw/Jig Worm
6'8" Avid Topwater
6'6" MH Loomis Swim Jig/Chatter Jig
6' Dock Rod Fluke/Senko

We have got 22 anglers fishing.  If I can get 10-11lbs and be somewhere in the Top 15 I'll take it.

No comments: