Friday, April 07, 2017

Trophy Is On the Water And Working

In the water, lousy picture
4:00-7:15PM Rock Lake (Rock Platte Outlet Bay)
Conditions: 54-48℉, Mostly Sunny, Windy out of the NW, (Water Temp 54-47℉)

So I remembered I forgot the camera I prefer to use when I was half way to the lake.  Then on the drive in to access the bolt that was holding the back of the fender on the driver side broke. Fortunately it didn't touch the tire.  I duct taped it up.  Then I put the trolling motor wires on backwards, Doh!  I was like great the trolling motor doesn't work, but then I noticed my bonehead move.  Put them on the right way and it works.

The motor started just fine and ran great.  I marked a point that comes out on the NW side then went into the RPO Bay.  As I worked my way back I started seeing baitfish.  Some pads were half way to the surface already.  I started seeing some sunfish and a few bass.  It was tough to see in the wind and there is only about 2 and a half feet of visibility as it is. Finally I caught a sunny.

7" T.H.E. Jig
You can see in the top picture how shallow I was fishing in the hay.  Another 6 inches would really help things out.  Baitfish were all over the place.  Fish in the wind and the hay proved difficult.  I got a bass and a 17" pike on the Cubby & minnow.
14.25" Cubby & Minnow.
I saw a big snapper and a spawning pike.  I got a few more sunfish down by the beaver dam and that is where I got the pike and the bass as well..
7" THE Jig
On my way out I spotted one small crappie.

4 Sunfish
1 Pike
1 Bass

No comments: