Monday, October 19, 2015

Post 2011 Stroke My Fishing Abilities Suffered Worse Than I Realized

As I look at my Bass Snatcher results from 2008 through 2015, there can be no doubt about it.  In my first 4 years in the Club, my finishes improved each year.  Then I had my stroke in late 2011, and the bottom fell out in my finishes, especially after the 2012 season.  The fact that I didn't fish much out of a boat the past 3 years has got to be one factor, but I think a small one.

The biggest thing is I don't think I'm nearly as locked in mentally as I used to be.  Just as I find it hard to collect my thoughts for writing this blog,  I find it hard to collect my thoughts to make adjustments on the water.  I also don't care about my results as much.  I want to catch fish the way I want to see them and am not listening to what the fish want as much as I used to.

But I don't feel like my abilities have suffered as much as my results show. I am frustrated by how this year ended, not even getting close to a limit in two consecutive tournaments for the second year.  Last year it happened in the middle of the year, but I snapped out of it posting respectable finishes in the last two.   I definitely have bad taste in my mouth in how the last four tournaments turned out this year that is going to be with me for a long time.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you can catch bass, You know you can catch bass, now enjoy!