Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Holmer Won My MN Blogger Bass Derby Yet Again

5.81lbs
I thought that Andy's Bass Blog had managed to beat Holmer of Bass Utopia this year, but then I realized I missed one of Holmer's fish and sure enough the upgrade on the cull was enough to beat out Andy by a quarter of a pound.  That makes it the 5th straight year Holmer has won the Derby.  Overall the top weights were way down this year.  Holmers weight of 26.54lbs would have got him 3rd Place each of the two previous years.

This year we had 2 fish over 6lbs both caught by Carl Spande of BassMN.com.
6.50lbs

6.87lbs
2nd Place,  as I already mentioned, went to Andy's Bass Blog
3rd Place went to Jason Dudek Fishing with 26.09lbs

Congratulations Guys!!!

I'm mulling changing things up for 2014, we'll see.

2 comments:

Jason Holmer said...

Wow! I can't believe that I pulled that off with so many great entries this year! Thanks again Dave for running this contest, it's always a blast.

Anonymous said...

Amazing fish - it could be great to catch some of those babies one day :)
Her in denmark we have some large pikes around 18 kg - great figthers..:)

Tight lines
Tommy
Fiskeriportalen.dk