Friday, February 16, 2007

BASSMASTER.COM has a Classic Blog in the run up to "The Classic"

Full Classic Coverage from BASSMASTER.COM



More News on Bassmaster the movie.

Rojas takes on Winni:
When his guides complimented Rojas on the sheer fact that he was not whining about the cold, Rojas wanted none of it. "Dude," he told them, "I'm a professional fisherman. I deal with stuff like this all the time."
Sure Dean fishes in 20 below wind chills all the time in Arizona. Right

Jay Yelas on Lake Travis:
Jay Yelas – Competition 2/16/2007
It was a pretty poor tournament for me – I thought I would do a lot better. I had several good jig bites in practice and a lot of good dropshot bites, but I only hooked one good fish in 2 days during the tournament and that one broke me off under a big metal dock.

I thought I was dialed in pretty good, but as it turned out I didn't have the fish to do much better than I did. It just goes to show you that sometimes things don't go the way you think they're going to.

On a new lake, it's easy to get fooled into thinking you're on a good pattern when you're really not. If I had it to do over again, I'd probably fish a jig a lot more in practice.


Fantasy Notes:
Jim Moynagh had a good day at Lake Travis catching 11-15 to jump 100pts in the standings. Overall Day 2 was on balance a good one for the Posse fantasy picks. BPObro will be the top team

5 Best Plays: Wendlandt(cut), Robertson(cut), Stacy King (19), Chip Harrison (21), Moynagh (23)

5 Worst Plays: Chris McCall(164), Alvin Shaw(159), Mike Hawkes(147), Sean Hoernke(95), Gagliardi (82)

No comments: