Thursday, May 09, 2013

Limit Tonight at the GOMH

I went in to Little Falls today to get my eyes checked.  I should be getting new glasses in about 10 Days.  We didn't get back to Jenny's until around 5PM.  I went and checked Rock and it's 80% open.  I checked Bulldog and it's 90% open.  I then went to the Grumpy Old Man Hole and Peter had just gotten there.  He missed a really nice sized silver bullhead, then he caught one.  He threw it back because he wasn't going to keep fish tonight.  I had seen enough so I went home to get my rods.  But first I went to the NE access on Sullivan and it's wide open.  The NW access looked open as well.  I still think there is some ice on the SW shore line, but it should be gone by opener.

After getting my stuff together and some warmer clothes on I got out to the GOMH around 6:30PM.  Peter had a silver bullhead for me right when I got there.  I joined him on the SW side and  I caught a silver bullhead right away and in to the bucket it went.  I got another one about 10 minutes after that.  After a bit of a  lull I decided to try the SE side.  I wasn't there long and someone else showed up.  So I immediately went back to the SW side.  Not long after that I caught this 12.75" slabber bullhead.  I let it go.
Around that time some big floating weed mats started floating in giving us trouble.  We still caught an occasional fish.  Here are a couple jumpin bullheads that I got through that junk.

T.H.E. Jig in the bullheads mouth tipped  with a minnow is what I caught everything on tonight.  Peter also caught a 12.75"  slabber bullhead.  His also went back in the lake.
You can see the weeds we were fishing around behind him.  I ended up getting 3 jumpin bullheads and  I believe I caught 10 silver bullheads total two of which went back, one of them was to small.
All in all it was a good night of fishing.  Had it not been for the weeds we probably would have caught a lot more fish.

No comments: