Tuesday, May 07, 2013

1st Silver Bullhead of the Year, Met Peter W.

11"
I got my first Silver Bullhead of the year tonight.  Only one, though.  Got it on a Red/White 1/64th T.H.E. Jig with a minnow.

I actually fished twice today.  Once from 4-6PM and then from 7:45 to 9:20PM.  On the 4-6PM trip, I bought minnows and immediately got a jumpin bullhead.  A kid showed up (Peter W.), and I went to the truck to get out the hoe I brought to clear out the weeds up against the shore.  The weeds were a hazard to get a fish through on the 4lb test.  I got a couple more jumpers, including one that tail-walked a bit.  Here is my biggest one of the day.
I'd say 17+."
I caught one more, and the kid asked if he could borrow a minnow.  He then got a jumper as well.  I think I got a couple more.  Then it got quiet, and I left for dinner.  The kid left as well.

After dinner, I came down with dad.  I got a jumper right away.  I got 4 jumpers and 1 silver, all on T.H.E. Jig, and a minnow.  Dad had a few bites but didn't hook anything on a pink Cubby and minnow.  The kid showed up.  I don't think he caught anything.  I stayed until it got pretty dark, but the S.B.'s were either not hitting or not quite in yet.

Ice Out Report: I think I will call Ice Out for 2013 on Platte Lake tomorrow.  It was open beyond the public access.  Some guy even had his boat out.  I'll check the area lakes tomorrow.

No comments: