Tuesday, May 14, 2013

GOM Willard Gets A Golden Bullhead

Tonight I got to the Grumpy Old Man Hole around 7:45PM.  John W. was just leaving.  He said he got a couple of little toothy bullheads.  I started fishing on the North side.  I had been casting for a little while when I noticed that Willard had snuck up behind me.  I was glad to see he made it through the winter.  I was beginning to wonder.  Willard told me that John also got a golden bullhead.  I just was telling him how I hadn't got anything on that side this year when something bit my Grass Pig but missed it.  A few casts later I got a nice jumpin bullhead.

Eventually I switched to the SW side.  Two guys were fishing there as well.  I got another nice jumpin bullhead on the Grass Pig.  They left and then I hooked this nice golden bullhead on the Grass Pig.  Willard was more than happy to take it from me when I offered.
20+ inches


Willard wasn't the greatest photographer in the world.

After that I got one more jumpin bullhead on the Grass Pig. A guy on the SE got a small toothy and missed another one.  Eventually I switched to try for silver bullheads, but I didn't get any.  I left at 10PM.

No comments: