Friday, February 25, 2011

Bass Pundit's Bait Hatin’


Bait Hatin’ is a blog post over at Bass Parade by Jason that is a rant on baits/techniques he loathes fishing. So naturally this got me to thinking about lures that I loathe. The problem is when it comes to bass fishing there really are not any lures or techniques that I despise. Yes there are things I don't use much if at all and there are things I prefer over other things, but really there is nothing that I don't enjoy fishing at least when it comes to artificials.

But there is a bait, a live bait, that doesn't do it for me. The book may say Lunkers Love Nightcrawlers but Bass Pundit doesn't love nightcrawlers. It was not always this way. As a boy I loved to go out and catch worms and use them for bait, but I grew out of that. Worms are messy and a pain in the ass. Little fish love nightcrawlers and are always stealing the bait right off the hook. Once I got over my fear of them, I discovered leeches are superior to worms; more durable, less mess.

1 comment:

Carp Fishing said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.