Saturday, March 31, 2012

Two Silver bullheads and a Jumper

Today the weather was cooler than expected, so tonight I didn't head to the Grumpy Old Man Hole until 6:30PM.  There was only 1 guy there.  The wind was blowing almost straight in from the South so I couldn't cast far.  The other guy eventually went to fish on the North side.  At 8PM the "Meat Guy" an his girlfriend showed up and took the SE side.  He had a jumpin' bullhead get off on his first cast.  A couple of minutes later he reeled in another one.  About 5 minutes later I got a 17 incher.  About 5 minutes later the girlfriend reeled in a silver and then they got another 1.  I switched from the smoke to the glow Cubby body and was rewarded with a silver bullhead.  As I was about to grab it, my line broke just like it did the other night.  The fish hit the ground and the jig popped out of it's mouth.  Fortunately I was able to find it this time.  About this time the Johnson's showed up to fish.  While I was retying I heard a couple fish get caught on the SE side.  Everyone was other there.  One the Johnson group got his lighted bobber stuck on a cattail stock and broke off.  He went in to get it all the way up to his chest.  Once "Meat" Guy and girlfriend left their were 5 people fishing over there.  They would bring one in every 5 to 10 minutes.  I got another one around 9:10PM.  I stayed until 9:30PM.

No comments: