Monday, February 01, 2010

No More Secrets

I think it fair to say that it is no secret that with GPS guided lake mapping and GPS guiding lake mapping software that there are now no more secrets in the lakes that are covered by this technology. Just a few years ago lake maps were hit and miss and even the good one's would leave things out in a good structure lake. Those days are over! This may not be news to many, but the truth hit me this week when I ordered and received a Lakemaster paper map of East/West Sylvia lake in Wright County Minnesota.

I do not have a GPS that takes any of the lake mapping chips, therefore I have never bought lake mapping software and thus seen firsthand really how good the mapping now days really is. Last week I happened to go on the Lakemaster website and I discovered they had a paper map for East/West Sylvia; My family had a cabin on the lake and I was fortunate to discover some sunken humps and saddles that were not on any maps at that time. When I saw Lakemaster had the Sylvia paper map I decided to buy it so I could see my hidden gems and discover what I had missed. Well when I got the map on Saturday, I was not disappointed. It was very interesting to see the exact layout of things and yes there were obviously several good fishing locations that somehow had excaped my detection. The sad thing is, now I live a pretty good distance from Sylvia and I really don't know if I'll ever fish there again.

1 comment:

Michael Thompson said...

I got a lakemaster chip now, so if you want to try it over there some time, let me know...