Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brent Chapman the Invisible 5th Man

Elite Series Bass Pro Brent Chapman entered the final day of the 2010 Bassmasters Classic in 9th Place. But by for the final weigh-in Brent was in the Super 6 and he ended up passing Mike Iaconelli and finishing in 5th. Despite having the 3rd best bag of the final day and fishing in the same general location in Beeswax Creek as the other top finishers Brent Chapman did not get a second of TV air time for the final day; I don't think he was even mentioned to be honest. Ike who started the day in 4th and finished in 6th got plenty of air time. Personally I think the fact that he got no TV air time on the final day is ridiculous.

Brent has a blog and this is what he had to say about this issue:

In talking with some of you, I found out how disappointed you were in my lack of TV airtime. Believe me, I was disappointed too. I didn’t expect to get a ton of TV time with a fifth place finish, but I was hoping for some, especially for my sponsor’s sake! Please, if any of you feel strongly enough about this, send a comment to Bassmaster’s Customer Service, the e-mail is customerservice@bassmater.com .

I encourage everyone who reads this to shoot off and email and voice an opinion.

No comments: