Saturday, February 20, 2010

2010 Bassmasters Classic Day 2 Take 2 (Liveblogged)

Because I'm bored and what else am I gonna do, I will liveblog the leader board:

I'm going to dinner.

Kevin Van Dam 31-5 just 2ozs, back!

KVD last to weigh-in.

Todd Faircloth right behind with 31-14, yes that's 3ozs back.

Kriet comes in big with 15-10!!! Takes over lead with 32-1, so Ike is back 5 and change.

I'm counting 6 skunks today and once again Byron got beat by the girl in the Classic. Ha!

I wonder how it is that KVD, Faircloth, and Kriet are the last 3 to weigh-in?

Pam Martin-Wells had 9-15 today to put her at 16-12 which definitely allow her to fish tomorrow.

From Bass Insider Bass Cam learned that KVD had falling water today. That is what killed him at Lay in 2007. Will he be able to adjust?

Boyd Duckett with a Skunk today, not good for the Fantasy Team at all.

30 Guys weighed in Ike at the top with 26-12. And the dog is bugging me to go for a walk.

Brent Chapman with 2 Day 21-2. He's not out of it totally but will certainly need 20+ tomorrow.

This just in Dave Mercer has a new addition of Facts of Fishing FYI done. I will be embedding it later. Hope Dave has some good material for this one.

From the Bass Cast video "No one remembers who comes in 2nd at the Classic" Mark Menedez. Talk about a cliche that isn't true. Anybody that follows the Classic knows about Aaron Martens, Tommy Biffle, and Gary Klein have all been bridesmaids but never big winners. And there are a number of guys who have won that I couldn't name.

Gary Klein will not make the cut.

Hmmm- From the Bass Cam video's I've noticed several guys wearing Quantum caps.

So far it's looking like 10lbs was a good day.

How about that, somehow I missed a bunch of Day 2 video's on Bass Insiders Bass Cam.

Big Bass- So far Alton Jones with a 5-1, but he only had a 2lber to go with it. At 14-1 Alton probably doesn't make the cut. Learned from Bass Insider that Alton got the bites today for a big string, but he had two big one's get off on top of a mat.

Just Noticed- Ike only had 4 fish, OUCH!

Aaron Martens Two day at 16-4, I think that will make the cut but he's probably out of it.

Matt Herren according to Bass Trakk had the biggest bags of the day at 13-8, actual was 13-15. Could it be that conditions are improving but top weights are dropping? I think so!

Ike's 12-3 for 26-12 should keep him in it, but he will probably need 20+ tomorrow.

Russ Lane only 4 today. Missing that 1 fish has got to hurt.

Mark Menedez 6 for 8-7. I thought this guy was supposed to be good in cold water. BOOOO!

4:55PM Neither lead about coverage of the weigh in proved true, I'm so sorry and this sucks!!!

4:45PM The weigh in has started, follow at the Live Leaderboard, which appears to be working

I have a couple of leads on guys who might be covering things live.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the commentary... splitting screens with the leaderboard (no 360 here). Should be some fun now with the bubble spot. Hope Duckett brings a big bag to make up for bad luck (prep?) yesterday. He's the anchor of my uninspired fantasy team.

Anonymous said...

>>Boyd Duckett with a Skunk today, not good for the Fantasy Team at all.

Just lost Scroggins off the bubble too. I can pick 'em...