Wednesday, February 24, 2010

40th Bassmasters Classic Odds and Ends

In case you are not aware this is the Strike King Red Eye Shad in the color gold sexy shad and it is the lure Kevin Van Dam used to win the Bassmasters Classic. They have them at Tackle Warehouse for $4.99, which to me is a reasonably priced bait. I have seen the SK Red Eye's on sale from time to time cheaper. I like the idea of a gold rattlebait but I think I might own maybe one with that color. I am a big believer in going gold when it's overcast, but it was sunny pretty much for the Classic.

If you are going for the full KVD you need to change out the stock trebles and trick the bait out with the new Mustad KVD Elite Series Triple Grip Hook

One can only imagine the business Strike King and Mustad are going to be getting out of this Classic Win.

As for Classic losers I recommend you check out this final Classic video blog from Skeet Reese. It will make you smile. Skeets a funny guy.

Armchair Anglers blog out of Alabama writes about how Coontail Grass Made Beeswax Creek Special We have the same Coontail up here in Minnesota and I can attest that it is excellent stuff for fishing with crankbaits. Our Minnesota coontail tends to really shine in the Fall after other weeds have died off. I would tell you coontail is also excellent in the Spring, but I wouldn't know anything about that.

No comments: