Friday, February 05, 2010

3 Topwater Slop Frogs the Bait Monkey Wants

These frogs may have been released in 2009, but I wasn't really aware of them. If I see these in my local stores I'm sure I will pick em' up.

This is the Snagproof Ish's Phat Frog. Apparently this frog doesn't drink water and sink. Here is the Tackle Tour Preview. I can't seem to find a weight for this product, I'm guessing a 1/2oz or more.


The Spro Dean Rojas Bronzeye King Daddy is obviously a super sized version of the Rojas Spro Bronzeye. It weighs in at 1 full ounce and is 30% bigger than a normal Bronzeye. It has a 6/0 Gamakatsu Superline Double EWG Hook. Apparently it comes in quite a few less colors than the regular size and Jr. Bronzeye's. I don't know if the bait monkey will get one of these because of the sticker price of $11.99.

The Mad Maxx is a slop frog made by Tru-Tungsten that weighs in at 2/3oz. To me it's body shape looks similar to a River2Sead Bully Wa, which I would consider a good thing. From reading reviews over at Bass Pro Shops, it sounds like this frog walks the dog fairly easy, which is something I think that isn't really true about Spro and Snagproof frogs.

If anybody has used these frogs, I would love to hear what you think of them in the comments.

3 comments:

TBRINKS said...

The Phat Frog is awesome. It was designed to walk a little bit better than the other Snag Proof frogs. It is a little flatter on the top and has the rubber legs placed between the hooks. The size is closer to 3/4 oz. This thing casts forever!

Michael Thompson said...

this frog tossin primate want to try that one too!

Rich said...

Mad Maxx is awesome, size and shape similar to Spro, casts great and the drain hole works better then advertized