Sunday, February 15, 2009

Stunned and Confused

Can this be true?

At the FLW Guntersville Tournament I got 4 anglers in the all important Top 10 for Fantasy Fishing. Unfortunately I did not up my score with any exacta bonuses. Right after the Day Final weigh in was completed I went to see if I could see my place in the standings. I was stunned to see myself ranked at #2513 for the tournament. Can that be right?

Last year in the Open's my score of 5643 put one below 400th place and easily into the prizes. Has fantasy fishing exploded to the point that more than 2500 people could beat 4 anglers in the Top 10?

If the number of Fantasy Players was doubled and the scoring averages were close to the same as last year than at worst I should only be around 1000th Place. Sure they shrunk the FLW Fields from 200 to 157 but I don't think that change could have such a drastic impact on scoring.

What is going on???

If those standings are incorrect and I am in 400th place or lower, I still do not think I will make the prizes which go down 303 places this year as opposed to the 585 places of last year.

No comments: