Wednesday, February 11, 2009

NAFC- North American Fishermans Club


Today I got some junk mail from the North American Fishing Club. I was a member of NAFC for several years 5 or more years ago. I was happy with the club when I was a member and I decided to sign up again. I Googled the club so I could find their website and was surprised to see there were several results from people basically claiming the NAFC is a scam. I was a bit surprised to see people making this claim. The NAFC has been around for more than a decade, has a magazine, publishing company, and TV Show. Steve Pennaz the NAFC Executive Director has spoken at one of my Fishers of Men fishing club meetings and I have even seen him while fishing one time.

The North American Fishing Club is not a scam. However, they are very aggressive marketers who are definitely out to take as much money as they can. The downside of being a member is that they will solicit you to buy books, upgrade your membership on a regular basis, and with offers for various club "special offers." I am signing up for the magazine, the members only message boards and contests, and the field testers program. When I was a member I think I got to field test a couple of inexpensive items and I no longer remember exactly what they were. Some members get lucky and get to field test and keep some really nice stuff.

The BassHoles Internet message board has a Forum for the NAFC. Back when I was an NAFC member I was a frequent contributor on the NAFC members message board and really enjoyed that. You have to be a club member to post but anybody can read the message board.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are wrong about this club not being a scam. I am receiving bills from these people for a membership I never requested.