Saturday, February 28, 2009

Great Lipless Crankbait, Little $


Cotton Cordell Super Spot $2.99 Tackle Warehouse
Cotton Cordell Super Spot $2.89 Bass Pro Shops
I have had a lot of success over the years with this lure. Several years ago, back before KVD was with Strike King, the Cordell Spot was the lipless crank KVD used and he talked them up highly. I am pretty sure that is why I first got into them. For all around use I prefer the 1/2oz size. They no longer make my favorite color which was a chartruese herring bone pattern. If you don't have any of these in your lipless crank collection you should really add them because they are less than half the price of a lot of lipless cranks on the market.

Tip: When fishing in heavy cover and weeds, remove the back treble hook. I have about 5 of them in different colors in my lipless crank box without the back treble. This was a tip I read from KVD and it does work.

No comments: