Sunday, February 22, 2009

Liveblogging the BassMaster Classic Final Weigh-In

Uh-oh The Expo cam appears to be off the air, which means if the audio feed doesn't work today than there will be no live blogging of the weigh in and I'll just have to find out the winner either from BassZone, BassFan, or somewhere else on the net.

Finally got the feed
Randy Howell
2 for 9-2
He kind of conceeded the area to others who were better positioned but still could have gotten a big bag if he would have landed all his bites.

Berkley Cast for Cash. Casting for $100,000
Selection process from the crowd.
Hank Parker will coach

Kenyon Hill
5 for 24-2
I missed Shaw Grigsby who had 14-8
"Pretty Special Day...I made my adjustment yesterday...started slow got 15 keepers on the day...1/2oz Picasso spinnerbait and homemade jig with Chigger Craw."
Kenyon has 49-14

Alton Jones
5 for 20-10
46-11
Thanks Jesus

Hack Attack
3 for 12-00
Big Bass 7-1
Real slow in the morning...with 15 minutes left caught his bag. Has been disappointed in what the Red has given up this tournament. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

I have grabbed myself a Coke

Fed. Angler Iowian Terry Fitzpatrick
5 for 12-9
A year ago was in bed from open heart surgery
39-15 total
Says hi to family, thanks guy who lent him his Triton.

Fed Angler Brian Schmidt of Texas
Has a Toad
5 for 22-01
51-1
Takes the lead.
"couldn't get bit early...picked up flippen stick and it happened quick...caught on a Sweet Beaver."

Bill Lowen
3 for 7-1
No info

Elvis Pimpem the sponsors, BOO Yah! is my fave.

Kevin Wirth
Can't tell if they are doing intro songs
missed his weight
Thanks sponsors

Mike McClelland
Elvis "it is hawg season on the Red River"
5 for 21-11
Takes the lead
52-11
big fish 6-4
"Jewel Jig...conditions got tough and I had to slow down... had one in the bag about 1.25lbs...1st time I've ever led the Bassmasters Classic"

Greg Pugh
There is the Candy Man intro
He is the Candy Man due to FLW sponsors Snickers and M&M's
2 for missed it
"pulled the flippen stick out Berkley Chigger Craw... Did you see what was in that little one's mouth? A pacifier" His wife "went deer hunting with a Surburban"

Bobby Lane
Elvis "Full on fishing family through and through"
3 for never said.
"Mixed it up every day, sight fished first day...these fish are mean...thanks family and grandma...you guys have an awesome fishery...thanks the crowd."

Apparently those Bass Cast camera's are High Def. I must say it was a pretty clear live feed.

Bobby Lane got 9-1 and Pugh had 6-13
was able to catch up on commercial break
BTW it is awesome that the blog had 100+ visitors yesterday

Dean Rojas
4 for 7-15
"Tough on me today only 5 keeper bites...looking foreward to all Elite Series stop...thanks family and sponsors and fans"

Casey Ashley
Fisherman intro song
5 for 14-7
46-15
Talk about his rookie season win. He lost out to Derek Remitz in the ROY that year.

Talking about Toho Classic of 56-3. Having the crowd do a Booyah if this record gets broken.

Mike Ike
"The approach to fishing is always the same, go out to have fun...fishing keeps me young"
Crowd sends up a big cheer as he gets fish.
5 for 20-3
Mike takes lead with 54-2
"I think a lot of these fish wanted to spawn and now they are back in pre-spawn mode and they want to eat."

Boyd Duckett
13-9 for the day
"great place to fish, super fishery"

Mark Davis
14-2
"My temp guage was showing 52 degrees this morning...I was fishing differently than everybody else, I was fishing rocks...I was using a Red Eye Shad... hooked and missed some bigger fish."

We are at 2lbs more than the unofficial top weight

Dave Wolak
"I'm fishing the clearest water in the system...fish buried themselves in the grass"
2 for 2-12

Break before the Super 6
Snowden, Martens, Jordan, Evers, Reese, Fralick

Time for the $100,000 cast for cash.
Missed the guys name
Missed it, apparently not by much.
He will get a tackle pack and stuff for family and a check for $5,000

Reese needs 16-1
and Fralick needs 16-9
Unofficially neither of them have it but Skeet is closer

Video of Super 6
Intro of Super 6
Nobody got louder cheers than the others

Elvis interviews
Snowden "we all went out there and gave it our best shot"
Jordan "I do have something to show you in the boat"
Skeet "I'm ready to put some fish on the scales"
Fralick "I was out there to catch fish"
Martens "I can't wait to see this weigh in"

Intro of the hot seat
in comes IKE
"We all want to win, it feels good to be up here in contention, if I don't win it this year, look out for next year"

Brian Snowden
Snowden had boat problems
needs 19-6
5 for 18-1
Wow that was 5lbs more than unofficial total
"I've been swimming a jig around pad stems"

Ike
"Lets keep weighing em'"

Aaron Martens
all of his wins have come from Cali
18-9 to win
5 for 13-7
Elvis "Aaron is NOT in 2nd place at the Bassmasters Classic"
Talking about drop shoting on baitcast gear, caught a lot of fish today

Kelly KJ Jordan
needs 18-4
5 for 12-??
"lake Fork Tackle magic shad...left area came back and another competitor was there who sacked em" That was Alton Jones.

Ike
"I gave 100% if I don't win it, all these guys deserve it too."

Edwin Evers
needs 18-00 to lead
5 for 15-2
that is 7lbs more than his unofficial weight
"A great tournament for Nitro, 3 guys in the top 6"

Skeet Reese
Talking about his 2nd place finish and Boyd's last minute big fish

Ike: "whatever is gonna happen is gonna happen"

Needs 18-2 for Classic record
Needs 16-2 to win
5 for 16-12
Skeet takes the lead!!!

"It aint over yet Jamie needs to weigh em' in"
"I can't even explain how the week went... day 2 just went fishing... today put head down never left 200 yard stretch was using new Chigger craw and redemption spinnerbait"
Skeet goes to hot seat

Jami Fralick
"I had a fun day, the fish were really biting out there"
Needs 16-5
5 for 10-9

SKEET REESE wins the Bassmasters Classic!!!

Skeet gets choked up
"Since I won Angler of the Year in 2007 this was my new dream" "Winning is something I have always struggled with... this is for my family but this is for me and for my sponsors, this is for my fans."

The Classic Hoopalah!!!

Congratulations to California angler Skeet Reese!!!

Skeet and Family get in the boat for victory lap.

Skeet "I don't know what to say I'm pumped"
"I am so shocked at how things turned out this week...my hats off to all the spectators...there was a math war going on and I thought I had 15 or 16"

Now comes the Victory Lap

It's gotta be tough on Fralick that Snowden's weight would have won it for him. They were doing pretty much the same thing in close to the same area.

Final Top 10 are:
Skeet
Ike
Snowden
McClelland
Evers
Schmidt
Hill
Fralick
Martens
Jordan

2 comments:

HellaBass said...

So you don't get ESPN360 either?

I am trying to decide if listening is worse then nothing, frustrating hearing about them talking about 7lbs bass & not see them

Basspastor said...

Honestly I don't mind just listening to it. Seeing the fish isn't such a big deal to me. If there was a listen only option with FLW I would really be tempted to do that so my computer would work with the Players Advantage FLW Live scoreboard features; I have a hard time using these tools with the live streaming video.