Friday, December 05, 2008

Fishers of Men Club Twin Cities New Webpage

The Url is the same http://fishersofmenclub.org as the old one but different from the older www.fishfair.com which no longer works. The Fishersofmenclub.org site is still a pretty run of the mill web page but we do have a blog now. It is a Wordpress blog which frustrates me a little bit because I don't know about the capabilities of a Wordpress blog. Unfortunately Cyberfish was kept out of the loop when the webpage was put together. The plan was to have Cyberfish start a Blogger Blog and link that at the webpage, but somehow that step got missed and we have the Wordpress instead. Maybe things will work out or maybe they will be changed. I will keep you updated just in case anyone cares.

Hopefully I will find out how to Blog at that blog and me and Cyberfish can add a little life to the site.

Updated: I have been doing a little research on Wordpress and it sure seems like it does have a lot of features and you can do all of the usual blog fair, but how user friendly will it be? Blogger is user friendly and fairly intuitive. Something interesting about blogging with wordpress is that you can have different levels of users on a multiple contributer blog.

Fishers of Men Banquet-Last night we had our annual December Fishers of Men Fishing Club Banquet at Old Country Buffet in Friendly Fridley. We had a very good turn out and it was a pretty good time. I got a few lures and a Big Mouth Billy Bass that I am going to re-gift to my 2 year old niece Mallory as she seems to dig these kind of things. I also won a couple of ice fishing reels that I gave to Dave Lindmark for GEM. Pete showed up and brought his duck boat for me to take North. Cyberfish filled me in on some up comming ice fishing he is doing, I am thinking about joining him.

On the way there we stopped at Vados and I got maggots and at Thorne Brothers so I can get that rod repaired.

No comments: