Monday, December 22, 2008

Bait Monkey Strikes Again


I won one of these Team Daiwa X-103H reels on Ebay for a very good price. I think the guy who listed the reel was confused because he called it an Team Daiwa S-Z. The reel however is clearly a TD X-103 because that is what it says on the reel. It is a reel that was made for the Japan market that was not marketed in the US. New these reels sold for $256.00 It looks a lot like the Fuego but is lighter and has a different/better reel handle. I am not really sure what rod I am going to mount it on next year.

I did it! I finally broke down and bought some Chatterbait style swim jigs. I just could not resist the $1.49 price that Tackle Warehouse was selling the Strike King Pure Poison for in their "Twelve Days of Savings" promotion.
Besides the price I was also influenced to buy because Mark Davis in Ultimate Match Fishing was just hammering the bass on a Pure Poison on Lake Dardanelle.

In addition to the Pure Poison's I picked up a couple of Spro Rojas Popping Frogs and regular Spro Frogs. I forgot that I wanted to get some Parasite clips and Zoom Speed Craws which Tackle Warehouse also carries.

No comments: