Monday, December 29, 2008

Bass Pro Shops Catalog Day!


A couple of days later than last year, but who is gonna quibble. I don't think I ordered a thing from Bass Pro Shops last year but I look in their catalog quite often and keep it right by the computer. I don't know why, but Basspro.com does not contain the full selection of things you find in the Catalog. I like BassPro.com and Cabelas.com because they have cutomer reviews of products. Of late my online fishing equipment shopping has gone to Tackle Warehouse because they have had sales or were the only one selling what I wanted to get. At Tackle Warehouse there is a "Submit Feedback" button for products, but as far as I can tell there is no place that you can read the feedback that is left.

1st Run through things that caught my eye:
1. The Rapala X-Rap Shallow Shad P.240


2. Strike King Perfect Skirt with Magic Tails P.346

This is the skirt that the Pure Poison Chatter Jig uses, 2 Skirts are more expensive than I paid for the lure itself at Tackle Warehouse.

3. Sure Enough Daiwa Fuego and Sol reels are $20 more expensive than last year.

4. G Loomis GLX 783c's are $21 more expensive and IMX 783c's are $15 more expensive than last year.

3&4 Make the deals I got on Ebay on these products look that much better.

5. St. Croix rods stay the same price.

6. Shimano Crucial's go up $20 a rod. (Had I not won the Loomis rods on Ebay I would most likely have gone with a Crucial or two)

7. The New Berkley Powerbait Chigger Chunk but no Chigger Craw to be seen.

8. No Denny Brauer Chunks.

9. No chatter jigs of any type.

No comments: