Thursday, May 15, 2008

Losing Lures: I am having a bad year in the losing lures department. Today I stupidly lost a very productive swim jig when the lure got caught up in Cattails. I did not have the heavy stuff for line on this rod and when I tried to force the lure free the line snapped. I am going to bring my waders to the GOMH tomorrow and see if I can't get to it because it should be hung up on a stalk. However, after I broke my line I could not see it. Instead of forcing the issue I should have just cut my line so I would have had a lead to follow right to the lure.

I also had a Cubby get bit off by a Pike tonight. That was my last glow Cubby, so I switched to an orange Flu Flu and after about 5 minutes caught that lure stealing pike which had my Cubby down in it's throat. When I was getting the Flu Flu out the hook on it broke. I was able to retrieve the Cubby with pliars, but the plastic body was in pretty rough shape. I now have 3 Cubby bodies in serious need of Mend-It.

Fishing Report:

No comments: