Saturday, May 17, 2008

Good Times at the GOMH

I did not get out tonight until about 7PM. The day was very windy and there were showers on and off. When I got to the Grumpy Old Man Hole it was threatening rain and nobody else was fishing, Willard was there sitting in his car. I got my silver bullhead stuff set up on the SW side and went to casting with the "lost" Monsoor Swim Jig. For the next hour and 15 minutes I switched off between the SW, SE, and NE sides. It seemed like I would get 2 or 3 then I would have to switch spots. I ended up with 16 jumpin bullheads, mostly small, and 1 toothy bullhead which I gave to a old guy who was visiting with Willard. I went through about 4 grubs and I think there are 3 strands left on the swim jig skirt. I almost lost the "lost jig" again when it got hung up in the cattails. Fortunatly, there were knee high rubber boots in the truck and the jig was stuck close enough that the boots were all I needed.

At about 8:20PM, I switched to silver bullhead fishing with the glow cubby and a minnow. I was down to my last 7 minnows. Some of the Johnsons showed up at this point, Scott came a bit later. No sooner had my bobber hit the water and it went down. It ended up being a small toothy bullhead which I also gave to the friend of Willard. That guy ended up with a limit of Pike when one of the Johnson's caught a nice toother on a spinnerbait. I ended up getting 1 small silver, 1 small orange and missing two silvers and a couple of other bites. I went through all my minnows. It was getting cold in that wind and so I gave up about 9:30pm.

No comments: