Friday, May 09, 2008

GOMH 5-8-2008

Due to a couple of Ebay auctions which I won (2 more reels:Team Daiwa X-103 and Shimano Symetre) I did not get out to the GOMH until about 7:30. Willard was there when I got there along with a guy, a lady, and two kids (a girl about 6 and a boy about 13). They were fishing the SW side but the upper area was clear so I headed there. I got silver bullheads on my first 4 casts with a orange jig and glow twister tail. I gave all the fish to the family. The little girl was so cute about wondering why I didn't want to keep the fish and so thankful that she was going to get to eat them. The little girl was catching an occasional silver and more than the rest of the family. With the action starting out so hot Willard was mad that he didn't bring a bucket so he could get some too. After catching about 8 crappies the jig hook broke when I tied into a jumpin bullhead (it was nice but not that big a fish). I could not duplicate the jig because of the twister tails and stopped catching silvers.

I switched up to the glow Cubby under a bobber and started getting more silvers and jumpers. The family left a little after 8PM and I had given them about 10 fish. As it started to get dark the action was consistant but I was catching quite a few small fish and I missed quite a few. I caught my first orange bullhead of the season and it was a keeper. I half wonder if some of those misses weren't orange bullheads messin with me. I fished to about 10PM with 6 silvers and 1 orange kept. All told I caught at least 18 silvers on the night and 8 jumpers, so it was a productive 2.5 hours.

No comments: