From Minnesocold, Bass Fishing Blog Capitol of the World!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

4-13-07: It was a windy day out of the SE for most of the day, however by the time Dad and I hit the Eddy's Jetti it had calmed significantly. Arriving around 7:30PM I got us rigged up for bobber fishing and we headed to the center Jetti harbor mouth. Dad started with a leech and I tried a minnow. It wasn't long and Dad had something pull down his bobber, but he missed it. The night progressed with Dad missing 2 more bites. Some fisherman on the North Jetti harbor mouth caught a couple and were getting many more bites than we were. The minnow was worthless and I eventually switched to the Jumbo Leech. It was getting dark by now and we had the bobbers lighted up when my float went down and I landed a 16" eye. At 10PM the Eddy's launches came back and we moved to the North Jetti where I had been catching my fish. I threw the Purple Perch while Dad kept the leech. The wind was just to calm and my jerk bait bite died. Dad got a bite and missed it. And I decided to go back to bobber fishing. Dad got a bite and pulled in a 12inch bullhead which swallowed the hook; When I took the hook out the bullhead bled all over me. After a little while I think dad missed another bite and around 11:30 he called it quits. I went to the North harbor mouth cause the guys fishing there said they were biting. After 20minutes with no action I called it a night. 1 fish that's it. We might have done better fishing during the day when the winds were howling.

4-14-07 Another windy and hot day where for most of the day the winds were out of the W SW, but a front came threw around 5PM switching the wind the NW and cooling things down. Dad and I headed to the Eddy's Jetti at 7PM. After a little rigging at the car we were all set for more bobber fishing at the North Jetti harbor mouth. It didn't take long and we were getting bites... from perch. The little bait stealer's were going through our remaining leeches and minnows fast. Finally I caught a couple of the little bait stealer's. Dad got a nasty tangle which I had to cut, lots of line go by by. Dad went to the Eddy's marina to get bobber stops and more leeches. They didn't charge much for the bobber stops and gave around 2-3 dozen leeches of all sizes for $4. I put on a smaller leech and caught a couple more perch. The wind was blowing 10-15 out of the N shortening our casting distance and moving our floats S along the Jetti fairly rapidly. I let my bobber get to far to the S and a guy fishing the center Jetti harbor mouth casted over my line and we got all tangled up with him trying to do the untangle eventually he had to cut his line. His jig head was stuck through my Fireline and I had to crimp down the barb to get it free. Eventually it started getting dark and I had a good pick up and had what felt like a good fish on for a couple of seconds but it came off. Dad gave up about a quarter to 10 and I stuck it out till the bitter end. The people just to the north of us and the guy on the center Jetty got a small eye a piece. Disappointing trip.

Don't Forget FLW and BASS Fantasy Bass Fishing this week.

No comments: