Monday, January 24, 2005

Why do I care? (Site Meter Counts)

I have a confession. I am obsessed with the Bass Pundit Site Meter and Bass Fishing Top 100 hit counters. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I am not out fishing much. It's like the higher the daily count the bigger the bass.

Or maybe it's because I'm just vain and/or need to get a life.

Whatever the reason, I, today Monday January 24th, am having my most productive day ever on the Bass Fishing Top 100 and may exceed 100 unique visit's today and will for the second time break into the Top 100.

So those who are stopping by please do so often, even if you don't even read anything and stay for a split second it counts once a day, because it makes my day in some small heavily neurotic way.

FYI- I haven't put any kind of measuring device on any other Bass Pundit Blog Franchise Empire blog. Can't explain that one at all.

Breaking News...
I was short of 100 unique visitors by 4 today, but there is no doubt if the Lord so tarries (and so do I) that I will achieve the century mark. However I have moved in the Bass Fishing Top 100 for the second time. Woohoo!

2 comments:

Greg said...

That's funny that you posted about this today. I noticed that link on your blog the other day and joined the "Bass Fishing Top 100" my self. It is sort of addictive. I've been clicking on it when ever I stop by. I'm ranked pretty low yet but I don't have a full 4 days yet so my average is reflective of that... Stop by and click for me and I'll do the same.

Basspastor said...

Greg- I hope you know the rank over there is just like the site meter. It's rating system goes by unique visitors to your site not the number of clicks on the Top 100 button. I don't know if you have that confused but I did at first.

I do hit "My Bass and I" usually once a day just to see what is up. I was just over at your site a minute ago for a minute. I needed your site Url because I'm educating some fisherman on a message board about blogs. Probably the best way to promote our personal blog is to get other fisherman, especially bass fishman into blogging. Since we are the guys in on the ground floor we stand to gain the most from every new bass blogger that comes along.