Sunday, January 09, 2005

Bits and Bites

Spent yesterday with the fam for a triple B-day celebration. The tot Isabelle is cute as ever, sorry no pics. We played this great game called Apples to Apples.

For my B-day I got $50 in Gander Gift Certificates, now if Gander will just carry the stuff I want. Also got the U2 How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb Limited Edition Book, CD, and DVD. Very Cool! I will do a review of the CD at some point, I like the album a lot so far. U2 rocks! Anyway U2 fans, check out this U2 dedicated blog
U2 Sermons Blog

If you didn't know; Today the Green Bay Packers will face the Minnesota Vikings for the first time ever in the NFL Play-offs. The game is at "Lambert" field. The Pack and their Cheesy head wearin, beer swilling, paint thinner sniffing fans are the arch-enemies of us Purple People. It would be an upset for the Vikes to win, but the teams are fairly even. The Vikes lost both regular season match ups by last second field goals. I think if there are competent and fair refs than the Vikes have a real shot at it. Hopefully they won't get blown out as was the typical playoff scenario when Dennis Green was the coach. If the Vikes don't win, I think they should fire their head coach Mike "Pencil Head" Tice.

I didn't get to see Bass Center yesterday.

My guess is that FLW will open up its Fantasy Bass Fishing this week with only two weeks before the first tourny of the season. Look for updates here at the BP Blog.

I will probably start building the Bass Pundit Blog Franchise Empire today or tommorrow. How exciting huh!

Quite a few houses out on Platte at this point and they are driving here and on Bulldog. I'm not so sure about the other lakes. I will probably try to ice fish this week maybe if the weather doesn't turn wicked cold again. But I need to get some maggots. Which will mean a run up to Sportland (see bait link). I also need a new reel thanks to my Pinnacle's bail spring breaking, LOSER!.

I think I will be done for now, thanks for stopping by, here's a pic ;)


Pic by Mike Davis. Posted by Hello
Mike Davis and I were sitting out a storm on Whitefish Lake on July 3rd of last summer. We were there pre-fishing a tournament and we found a ton of fish and had a pretty good time despite the rain delay. The scenery in this part of the lake was really something. Anyway, Tournament Day I just could not find em or any keepers; I didn't weigh a single fish. My worst tourny of the year by far.

No comments: