Saturday, January 29, 2005

Ice Tournament Day

Ahh the first tournament of the year. I will be fishing the Aitken Jaycees annual Ice Fishing Contest on Mille Lacs out of Barnacles on the North End. I've never fished this one before, and it's not nearly as big as the Brainerd Jaycees event, but I bet they get a good crowd with such a a fair list of Prizes.

1st Place is an ATV and Trailer and 25th Place is a Chainsaw with various values of prizes inbetween.

Unfortunatly I got nothing to link to cause FishingMinnesota.com does not appear to be publicizing the event like they were supposed to do. Meanwhile FM is getting radio and print adds out of the deal. Pretty lame Rick.

The tourny goes from Noon to 3Pm and rumor has it that you don't have to get a huge fish to place usually. At around 10AM we will head over and start checking around with the Vex. I hope to either get into a jumbo Perch or Tulibee. Should be a good time. Pic's and report later.

No comments: