Tuesday, June 04, 2013

With Dad at the GOMH Again

12"
Today once again Dad got over to the GOMH with out me in the afternoon.  He wrecked the jumpin bullheads pretty good again;  keeping 6 he gave to some friends.  He didn't keep any big one's this time, thankfully.  Some people were getting some really nice silver bullheads and orange bullheads, so he got some  minnows for our trip. We got there around 6 PM  Dad landed the 12" silver bullhead on T.H.E. Jig and a minnow after I got his sinker situation corrected.  He got one more nice one and then it started pouring rain.  Dad had to go home and change.

While he was gone I got 2 small silver bullheads.  There was a league fishing tonight and there was this annoying boat that kept fishing around the area all evening.  When Dad got back around 7:45PM.  I headed to the North side of the bridge.  I wasn't getting much until I went to "the juice" and they were there.  See if you can guess the size of these 3 jumpin' bullheads
The first one is only 16.25", the second one is only 16.5" and the third one is 18" all caught on a black/blue 4" Powerbait Crazy Legs Chigger Craw.  I lost another good one when apparently my knot gave way after those first two.  The thing in my mouth is a Texas Rig Hitch which doesn't seem to agree with the 4/0 Gamakatsu Superline EWG and the Chigger Craw.  I really think I need to be using a 3/0 with those Chigger Craws.  That 16.5 incher is gonna be a huge fish if it is allowed to grow, was just thick as all get out.
17.5"
As it got dark I managed to pull two golden bullheads on the swamp gas Grass Pig.  We left at 10 to 10PM.

I ended with 11 jumpers, 2 goldens, and 2 silvers.

Here is what we kept.  2 jumpers, 2 silvers, and 2 golden's
Dad's got two crappies in his hand. Lousy photo, I know  I was to far back for the flash to work.  I had to take it from far back because the screen on my camera wasn't working.

No comments: